Views
Helpful
Replies

Fast busy and user bisy tone are identical

s.forrest
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In previous installations when dialling a number a user / device does not have the privileges to dial I would receive fast busy on say the second digit. Now with CCM 3.3.4 I receive what I would class as a user busy (engaged) tone. Is there any reason for this?

Thanks and regards,

Steve

2 Replies 2

paul.harrison
Level 4
Level 4

Steve,

This was Cisco "Sticking to published National Standards"

or at least that's what I got from TAC.

I guess you have installed the network locale for your country and now you get error and busy that sound the same. I know that TAC said they had this issue in Spain, UK and a number of other European countries.

The file is simply XML so you can edit the files, they are in the TFTP directory under your country listed as 7960_tones.xml with the country code in there as well.

What I do is copy the US fast busy tone definition from the US 7960_tones files and paste it into the files for the relevant country (usualy for me the UK).

Unfortunately because Cisco stick to the National standards they are not planning on changing the tone definitions so this is the only resolution.

This national standards argument that they use however is rubish because in the UK Number Unobtainable (or Fast Busy as the USA like to call it) is nothing like Busy tone. So where Cisco get their national standards from is anybodies guess.

Paul

Thanks for your reply, I'll give this a go.

Regards,

Steve