Helpful
Replies

Fax Tiff engine failing

jasonm
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Sorry if this is offtopic.

I have all of the on and offramp faxing set up and for plain text it seems to work fine, but when I use a tiff attachment I get.

"docmsp_tiff_reader_data_process:(): The tiff engine failed for Call"

Which from my searches says that it may be a memory or corrupt attachment, I upgraded to 128MB in my 5300 and still getting the same error.

I have a AS5300, 128M dram, 16M flash, IOS c5300-is-mz.122-24.bin, I am using DSP/VFC, not modem card btw.

Is there a sample tiff file here for testing, or am I doing something else wrong?

Thanks

Jason

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

to get a known working tiff file send a fax inbound. this will have a tiff attachment whose default name is cisco_fax.tif

you can then try sending this outboud.

if this fails check mime headers in offramp smtp message- does exchange (or whatever you are using) set mime headers to plain text and tiff image?

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you sure this is a TIFF - type F format? It is very picky in that regards.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have tried a few variations also here is my setup...

outlooks express (tried about 10 different formats) -> Sendmail->AS5300 IOS 12.2(15)T14-> DSP ver 4.1.31 -> ISDN channel.

Do you know of a sample tiff running around that is the proper format? Like I said all text faxes work fine.

the below is the output I get on any fax with a tiff

21:41:08: docmsp_tiff_reader_data_process:(): The tiff engine failed for Call 61

21:41:08: docmsp_process_rcv_data: call id src=58, dst=61

21:41:08: docmsp_process_rcv_data(): Session corresponding to call ID 61 is aborted

21:41:08: docmsp_process_rcv_data(): Session corresponding to call ID 61 is aborted

21:41:08: lapp off: CC_EV_FROM_DMSP_ON_PAGE_PROCESSED, cid(0x3D): page number (0x1)

21:41:08: lapp off: CC_EV_FROM_DMSP_ON_PAGE_PROCESSED, cid(0x3D): page number (0x2)

21:41:08: lapp off: CC_EV_CALL_DISCONNECTED, cid(0x3D)

21:41:08: cause 0x6F(protocol error (111))

to get a known working tiff file send a fax inbound. this will have a tiff attachment whose default name is cisco_fax.tif

you can then try sending this outboud.

if this fails check mime headers in offramp smtp message- does exchange (or whatever you are using) set mime headers to plain text and tiff image?

Thanks, that worked.

Now the bigger problem, does anyone here know of print to tiff driver that is compatible? I have tried three with about every setting they have.

i'll send you direct to your email.

Wow, thanks, I will try this. Do you work for the vendor who makes this?

No, just a vendor who uses it (cisco).

ImageMaker (http://www.imgmaker.com/) makes one that we use with Cisco Unity.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: