Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward All to Mobile Phone

jvagn
Level 1
Level 1

I have this situation:

3 External Sales Agents, with mobiles phone. These guys don't have a phone (hardware) in the office.

But i want to add a Directory Number to them, with the property to Forward All the calls to the Mobiles Phones.

How can i do that????

14 Replies 14

pacameron
Level 4
Level 4

Create a new IP phone device with a dummy MAC address, then create line appearances on this device that corresponds to the internal extension numbers of your salepeople. 'Call forward all' these line appearances to the outside access number/mobile phone number. This way, if the particular extension is rung, it will then forward all calls to the mobile phones.

Ok, I do that,

but it does't work at all. When I call to this line i get busy signal. Seens that the call manager is waiting for a "first registration" before activate the line.

Any Ideas??

You could just use translation patterns if you wanted, so you'd create a translation pattern using the extension of the salesperson and then convert it to the mobile phone number.

Gary

anderson-david
Level 3
Level 3

try using a translational pattern (effectively a speed dial) ie a pattern of 2000 would then translate to the salesperson mobile

Using Translation Pattern it doesn't work at all.

Get busy signal same way.

Then you have another problem somewhere else as it should work fine, try translating it to another number, a land line for example, do you get the same result?

Gary

Yes, same problem.

i don't know if you are using calling search spaces and partitions but if you are, are you barring calls to mobile numbers etc, we use translational patterns here and they work fine as long as no barring, the busy signal you are getting is possibly the US's version of the unobtainable tone or reorder tone as they call it and not busy

Yes i'm using, so now i put this Translation Pattern to the CSS and Partition thath was "permissions" to place calls anywhere.

In Called Party Transformations i put the mobile number, without discard digits. When i dial the "extension" 3192 i just get outside dial tone..

first thing uncheck the give outside dial tone box, then with the mobile number in the called party transformation box make sure that if you use a number for outside line ie 9xxxxxxxxxx that you put in that number before the mobile number (i hope i'm not teaching you to suck eggs) as a lot of users forget about this

Ok here's what you need (sorry if Im stating the obvious)

Here in the uk we use 9 as our access code to PSTN.

So you'd have a route pattern as follows:-

9. set it to route and de-select the "Outside Dial Tone" if selected.

This needs to be in a partition that your phone is allowed to access via the Calling Search Space.

Now create a translation pattern called

Again place it in a partition that is accessible from the phone via a Calling Search space.

In the Called Party Transform Mask put the following:-

Your gateway should strip off the pre-dot, if its configured to do so.

Also have you tried to use a translation pattern but translate it to an interal extension number? Does that work?

Gary

Thanks Gary, now it works..

The problem just for info was in "Provide Outside Dial Tone" for my 9. route pattern, if it is selected the translation pattern doesn't work.

Good news :)

gshonting
Level 1
Level 1

Use a CTI route point. When you create the RP, you can assign a DN to it just like a phone. I have used this for people that are not in the office, but need a DID/VM. Works great.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: