cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forward old 2 digit extension to new 4 digit extension

tlienskt
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to when a caller dails in and uses the old 2 digit extension to forward that to the new 4 digit extension??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, assuming you are using CallManager then simply create a translation pattern which is your 2 digit extension and then the called number transformation is your new 4 digit DN.

If you have a CallManager express you can use voice transation rules, suppose your old DN is 22 and new one is 3022, then:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^22\)/ /30\1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

port 0/0/0:23

direct-inward-dial

translation-profile incoming 1

This will basically prepand 30 to every number, another option is to use "num-exp .. 30.."

If the DN is completely differnt such that old one is 22 and new one is 4385, then you will need to create translation rule for each DN such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^22/ /4385/

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tbramwe
Level 3
Level 3

Trien:

Depending on the CCM version, you could create a CTI route point with the 2 digit DN and CFWDall to the 4 digit DN.

Be sure to create a partition for the CTI forwarding and order the CSS appropriately to prevent other callers from dialing 2 digits and being forwarded in error.

Will that suffice for your needs?

Tom

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Absolutely, assuming you are using CallManager then simply create a translation pattern which is your 2 digit extension and then the called number transformation is your new 4 digit DN.

If you have a CallManager express you can use voice transation rules, suppose your old DN is 22 and new one is 3022, then:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /\(^22\)/ /30\1/

voice translation-profile 1

translate called 1

dial-peer voice 1 pots

incoming called-number .

port 0/0/0:23

direct-inward-dial

translation-profile incoming 1

This will basically prepand 30 to every number, another option is to use "num-exp .. 30.."

If the DN is completely differnt such that old one is 22 and new one is 4385, then you will need to create translation rule for each DN such as:

voice translation-rule 1

rule 1 /^22/ /4385/

HTH, please rate all posts!

Chris

Yes I have call manager and have set it up using translation pattern. It works internally but when I dial in from the outside and push the 2 digits ext, it says I did not recognize that as a vaild entry. The outside call is being answered but the voicemail. Is it because I am in the voicemail??

If you have the translation pattern in CCM, add the translation profile to the gateway as well, as Chris stated in his post.

The incoming call will hit the gateway before it gets to CCM or voicemail.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: