cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Forwarding calls to cell phones

lkinchen
Level 1
Level 1

I have users that want to forward their calls to their cell phones. The problem is their cell phones numbers are long distance, and we use forced authorization codes. If the number is local it'll work, if it's not then it won't. has anyone had to do this with this type of setup?

thanks in advance..

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

We have many customers uses that call forwarding feature with access codes for long distance calls. That way they can minimize the use of long distnace lines. I am not sure what your question is but in order to have CM or CME forward the calls to a number which needs access codes, it will not work. You need to remove access codes.

I also have the same problem, except that we have users that use their desk phones regularly then want to forward all calls to their cell phones in another area code when they are away. These calls require the use of a FAC so the user cannot simply use "CFwdAll" and enter their 11-digit number + FAC. Do we have to remove the FAC across the system for this to work or can we create a separate extention/route-pattern/CSS/etc for these few users? Having to babysit their call-forwarding every time they leave the office is an administrative nightmare for us. We are using CM 3.3(4)sr01a.

kgroves42
Level 3
Level 3

If you have Unity, you can do it, just it will require some administrative overhead. I have done it for just a few users who don't change there call forward number that often.

But basically forward the line to voice mail and have the voice mail box after the greeting send the call to "atempt transfer" on a call handler. In the transfer field put 914085551212,,12345. That will add pauses to the number as it is dialing.

Like I said it is kind of cumbersome but it works

If you need more details just let me know