cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

From a hunt group to voicemail

jwkimmel
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for a way to get a pilot point to roll to voicemail if no one is availible.

Anyone able to offer any suggestions?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Follow these stpes:

1. Create a cti port with the DN of your VM box ,set call forward all to voicmail

2. Add this cti port under the hunt group

3. Check "always route member" checkbox for this DN

This way anytime there is no answer the call will end up in the VM box.

Chris

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Follow these stpes:

1. Create a cti port with the DN of your VM box ,set call forward all to voicmail

2. Add this cti port under the hunt group

3. Check "always route member" checkbox for this DN

This way anytime there is no answer the call will end up in the VM box.

Chris

bhattacharya.s
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I dont know which version of CM you have, but this is something generic for all versions, if you are using pilot point and Attendant console :

In the hunt group config, add a voicemail port at the end of all the hunt group members and put a check on the "always route" option. This way the call will be sent to Unity and the caller can in turn leave a message or dial some other extension.

If you want to send the call to some specific user's voicemail, then create a dummy phone and add it at the end of the hunt list. Call forward all on this phone to voice mail. Create a voicemail profile and mask it with the DN of the original phone, to whose voicemail you want to send the call to.

This way, when the call goes to Unity, unity will check the mask and think as if the call is coming from that particular extension and will thereby send it to its voicemail.

If you are using hunt list and line group, (with Callmanager 4.x and above),then you can add the line gourp for voicemail ports in the hunt list and roll over calls to it.

Hope this helps.

Just wanted to thank you both for helping me out! I was able to get it going with the CTI point! Works great!

Thanks again!!!

Hello. I have similar problem. After unsuccesfull hunting I want to play prompt from IVR. That means i want to redirect to CTI_Route point with DN 2500 (in my case). But i can't add this in line group. It is impossible. So i created dummy user 2510 and redirected him to 2500. So now if i call directly from the phone 2500 or 2510 i can hear the message. But if the phone 2510 is added at the end, hunt pilot ignores forwarding to 2500 and i get busy tone.

Have you any idea? Thanx :)

Your line group must have more than 1 member and you should configure a timer and a destination (Forward Hunt No Answer) in the Hunt Pilot configuration | Hunt Forward Settings,

CTI cannot be members of Line Groups,and CF settings at line level are ignored when a line is member of a Line Group, refer to release notes document.

HTH

Gonzalo

Oh, i see now. This is CCM 4.1 feature. And I have 4.0. There is really Hunt Forward section under route/plan --> Route/hunt --> hunt pilot. Is there any way how to configure this for ccm4.0?