cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Future Unity Connection release and Blackberry interoperability

John Clark
Level 1
Level 1

I know that Cisco is due to release an update (CYQ4) that allows vm msgs in UCxn to be sent to a user's exchnage inbox. My question is about whether that update will allow the Mobile Message Access feature to work as well. I would think that Blackberrys not work with the current version of MMA. Can anyone shed any light on whether this will be supported once the update is released?

I know the easy thing would be to configure the BB phone using IMAP.

3 Replies 3

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Well, I'd be interested to know what details you've heard about his Unity Connection update...so if you're willing to share that would be great.  Right now Blackberry interoperability with Unity Connection is achieved via CUMA and the UMC application. 

"Cisco Unity Connection supports access to voice messages from Windows mobile phones, RIM BlackBerry devices, and Symbian OS phones through Cisco Unified Mobility Advantage and Cisco Unified Mobile Communicator."

I'm not aware of any major changes beyond that have been publicly divulged.

Hailey

I was thinking more along the lines of how the BB Mobile Message Access works with Unity.

My understanding is that the CUC update will push the VM messages to a users Exchange inbox. The MWI will synch between Exchange and CUC somehow.

If i can push the VM message to a user's exchange box. How would they check it from the blackberry. I would think there would be a plugin for the BB server to point to CUC. The same way it works with unity.

Or is there a better way of doing it outside of MA and UMC?

This would be what you are referring to: https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3125636#3125636

Go straight to the source and email the Cisco POC and ask your question directly about this CUC update.

Hailey

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: