cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

FXO VIC Inbound/Outbound configs

stuart.osborne
Level 1
Level 1

We're using FXO modules for particular types of outbound calls from PBX, no problem there. There is a POTs at the location connected to the FXO port. I want to 1) config the port to autodial a PBX extension on inbound call 2) block inbound calls from answering (while letting outbound to the POTs process normally). Doable? Thanks!

2 Replies 2

Daniel Baum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If I understand what you need for 1, a "connection plar" command will autodial on an incoming call from the specific FXO voice port the command is applied too. So for the link but pictures help, so please see the picture in this link and suggested configuration:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800942a5.shtml

For 2, I need more information just to make sure I'm clear. Will scenarion 2 reside in the same router as scenario 1? More specifics of how many ports you have and the types. What ports need to route what, etc.

Thanks,

Dan

Difficult to communicate clearly in a forum post, eh? Sorry bout that.

1 and 2 would be mutually exclusive, not on the same router. I will look up the option 1 scenario, thanks.

For option 2, all I want to do is config the FXO port to not answer an inbound call from the PSTN. But I still need it to outdial (I have a destination-pattern string and a forward-digits all config on the port).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: