Views
Helpful
Replies

g711ulaw

p-herr
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I seem to have a poblem across my wan. I have CME on 2851 with unity express 2.3 on both sides. When I place call across the wan the call is fine, however when the call should transfer to voicemail I get a fast busy. I should also mention that I can only seem to use g729 across the wan, when I try g711ulaw the call fails instantly. Any help you be great.

ph

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Unity Express only supports g711 codec, in order to use g729 you will need to configure transcoders on the router.

HTH,

Chris

gpulos
Level 8
Level 8

When I place a call across the wan can it be g711 from the start? I have tried this is the dial peer but I just get a fast busy.

If you get a fast busy when using G711 then the call must be matching the default dial peer on the far end - do you have a dial-peer set up to match incoming calls?

If not create one, then you can ensure that incoming calls match a dial-peer you can apply settings to - like a codec class that allows incoming calls to negotiate a different codec...

Something like:

conf t

voice class codec 1

codec preference 1 g729br8

codec preference 2 g729r8

codec preference 3 g711ulaw

dial-peer voice 999 voip

incoming called-number .

voice-class codec 1

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts...

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That did help but I cannot here anything. I do show that I am connected but I just get silence, in both directions.

Maybe I have another problem, when I call the second location and the call is not answered the call should be forwarded to the voice mail pilot number, that is when I get a fast busy. It seems that the originating CME is trying to transfer the call rather than the CME that was called. It would seem that the CME on the far end would transfer the call itself? help

ph

By default G729 is the codec on dial-peers. Make sure that your dial-peers have a voice-class with a g711 codec at the top or specify G711 on your dial-peer. If you are matching your inbound calls on the default dial-peer then you don't need to worry about the codec configuration on that end. The default dial-peer supports all codecs so it should negotiate g711 as long as your sending router is doing g711.

Here is a doc on the default settings for dial-peer.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a0080147524.shtml

Here is the doc on default settins for dial-peer 0.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk90/technologies_tech_note09186a008010fed1.shtml#topic4

Please rate any helpful posts

Thanks

Fred

Hi All

I have Unity Express integrated with Call Manager not CUCM Express.  Where do we actually set the transcoder on the route point, cti port.

Thanks

You defined transcoder on the voice gateway that has suffiecient DSPs, and configure it under Media --> transcoders setting in CUCM, then assign it to MRG referenced by MRGL asigned to DP that the device is using.

HTH,

Chris

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: