Alias list (CLI configured)

E164-ID 7001

Alias list (last RCF)

E164-ID 7001

Here is the "show gatekeeper end" on GK:

10.253.21.7 1720 10.253.21.7 52499 3725 VOIP-GW

E164-ID: 7001

Voice Capacity Max.= Avail.= Current.= 0

Only 7001 is displayed as E164-ID, 5... and 6001 not here.

My question is:

1. Why only 7001 is registered as E164-ID? not 5... not 6001? it doesn't allow wild mask, then how about 6001, because of PRI?

2. What's the purpose of this E164-ID? I don't think GK use this to route the call. GW routes the call based on the prefix in the "gatekeeper zone prefix"command.so..

Thanks

4 Replies 4

rnarayana
Level 5
Level 5

Gatekeeper will route the calls depending n lots of factors.It is not just dependant on prefix. see the below link for the call routing decision that is done by GK

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a00800a8928.shtml

About the e164,any FXS port will register with the GK.Yes it works only with FXS ports and ephone dns in callmanager express.

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios122/122cgcr/fvvfax_r/vrf_r.htm#wp1736728

I hope this helps.

Thanks,

Radhika

vraut
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Only FXS/FXO ports show up on the gatekeeper as E.164-ID. This is the E.164 format number the gatekeeper uses to route calls by. In the event the ports on the gateway are ISDN then the "zone prefix.." CLI helps.

Wild card numbers will not show on the gatekeeper as E164-ID.

In later versions of IOS the support for Dynamic Prefix registrations (H.323 v4) help register the ISDN E.164 numbers of the ports.

On the gateway you will need to have "ras rrq dynamic prefixes" under voice service voip -> h323. Also on the gatekeeper you will need "rrq dynamic-prefixes-accept" under gatekeeper config. "sh gatekeeper zone prefix all" displays the dynamic prefixes too.

Thanks

Thanks for your guys answer. It's clear now.

I have one more question about tech-prefix.

How can the call from CCM to the GK can automatically add a prefix? As we know if call from GW-to-GW, under dial-peer voice voip, we can have tech-prefix so that the call from one GW will add the prefix to the GK, but how can achieve this in CCM? There is under trunk in CCM but that's for CCM to register it's tech prefix. I guess can use translation form at route pattern?thanks.

Yep - that's it.

You'd normally have a route pattern that points to a route list. In this list would be your route group that contains the trunk. This is the best place (the route group) to manipulate your digits by prefixing your tech prefix (i.e 2#)...

If you do it here, and you also have a route over the PSTN, you can add the PSTN route group to the route list and have different manipulation on this route group as needed for the PSTN.

Otherwise if you just have a route pattern pointing straight to a trunk then you'll add the prefix to the route pattern.

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!