Views
Helpful
Replies

Gateway Dial Peers for Cisco CallManager 3.x Server Redundancy not working

pablobert
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone:

I have a 1751 configured with 2 dial-peers voip to send calls to 2 CallManagers. I followed this document to configure CCM 3.x redundancy

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080094852.shtml

I tested this way and called with csim start:

1)I blocked the pattern in the primary CCM to make the 1751 use the secondary callmanager but I received a unassigned number from the primary and didn´t try the call to the secondary.

2)I put in the first dial-peer voip an IP address that it´s not assigned to any equipment and the 1751 returned a no route to destination message and didn´t try the call to the second dial-peer.

1 Reply 1

Shane Kirby
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Your first test was not a valid test of the dial-peer redundancy. dial-peer redundancy kicks in when an H.323 gateway can't connect to the CallManager. However, in this case if you configured a route pattern in CallManager to block this call, then CallManager should send back the appropriate signal (ie unassigned number) and reorder tone will be played.

Instead of configuring a pattern in CCM to block the call, just unplug the primary CallManager from the network or stop the CallManager service. Note: this should only be done during non-business hours or in a lab environment.

I'm not sure why your 2nd test wasn't successful. Did you configure the following as mentioned in the techtip?

voice class h323 1

h225 timeout tcp establish 3

dial-peer voice 100 voip

preference 1

voice-class h323 1

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: