cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

global.asa did not fire.

clint.yonamine
Level 1
Level 1

I have a Unity 3.1 box. In using ie to administer unity I am getting this error:

Missing live session flag

For some reason, /Web/global.asa did not fire

Check tat this file is present

If I replace the name of Unity to tha actual ip address this is resolved. As we dig deeper into the configuration of a user the name of unity pops up again and again I would have to change it to the ip address. The name of the Unity box is "KP_UNITY". If I would do a ping using the name I would get a reply .

Can anyone help me with my name resolution problem?

Aloha

Clint

3 Replies 3

Daniel Baum
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

If you are able to hit the webpage using the ip address then the problem is due to having non-supported DNS characters in your computer name. For instance, my computer has the name of DAL_PUB and underscore is not supported.

This defect is specific for the Internet Explorer update patch Q313675. When this patch is applied

to the IE5.5 or IE6, all the ASP cookies are blocked if the servername has non DNS supported characters in it. In the current bug the non DNS character used is underscore.

Dan

(credit H.M. Ho)

Would typing the address in place of the name be the only workaround at this time?

Yes.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: