Views
Helpful
Replies

Graceful busyout on MGCP IOS PRI CKT's

mvarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Regarding MGCP IOS PRI PSTN Circuits. When troubleshooting issues on these, it would be very handy to be able to do a graceful busyout. The command is available IOS when running H323 but not MGCP as MGCP is back hauling Q931 to CM. Is there any way to gracefully busyout a MGCP IOS PRI circuit? Any tricks on the CM side or IOS side for this?

6 Replies 6

mvarni
Level 1
Level 1

Oh ya, forgot to mention CM version 3.3(3)sr4a.

ever figure out how to do this? I'd like to be able to do that as well.I'm running CCM 4.0

Hi,

No, I never got an answer but sure wish there was one. MGCP gets so hard to work with for real time issues etc. I almost wish I had just gone H323 at least then you have all of the IOS commands available to you and they actually do what they are designed for.

Are you guys looking for graceful busyout or graceful out of service for real time troubleshooting? For MGCP gateways there is a service paramenters under CallManager that is called: Change B-Channel Maintenance Status 1 through 5. Take a look at that.. probably is what you're looking for.. in order for CallManager to apply that parameter the "Enable Status Poll" on the MGCP Gateway should be enable as well.

Please let me know if that works for you

-Jose

1- If you want to busy out the channel is callmanager so that callmanager does not send the calls on 1 to 12 do the following .On the callmanager gateway page "enable status poll" and then go to service parameter and choose callmanager .After the serivce parameter opens choose advanced.In advanced settings under PRI and mgcp choose "channel b-channel maintenance status 1" put the following value = 111111111111000000000000

2- Router(config)# mgcp block-newcalls : Blocks new calls and gracefully terminates the existing calls.

HTH

Emre,

Hi all,

thanks for the suggestions.

That sounds like what I was looking for. Although, I'm mainly concerned about carrier calls hitting the PRI rather than CM calls. To gracefully pull CM calls off of the PRI all I have to do is remove it from the RG. Will using the status poll/service parameter actually busy out the trunk from the carrier's perspective as well? sounds like it will but just wanted to be sure.