Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 gateway source address determination

kozharov
Beginner
Beginner

Hello all,

is anybody know how the source address of H323 gateway is determined by default? This question became sharp in our production network.

The scenario follows:

The gateway AS5300 should be accessible from two paths (public internet and VPN). To do that we set up a trunk connection with AS5300 having two IP's 195.x.y.z for public internet and 172.16.x.y for VPN.

Now how to be sure that in case of call to client's gw located in public internet AS5300 will use its public address 195.x.y.z and in case of call into VPN, it will use it's private address 172.16.x.y? I'm affraid the connectivity problems could occur if wrong source address is used?

So how the source address of H323 gateway is determined by default?

I'll very appreciate the usefull URL from CCO.

Thanks,

Michael

2 REPLIES 2

dgahm
Collaborator
Collaborator

The default is to use the address of the interface that is used to forward the packet. It is often desirable to override this so the same source address is always used:

interface loopback1

ip address 10.1.1.1 255.255.255.0

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr 10.1.1.1

kdotzoltan_2004
Beginner
Beginner

Any success with this?

As I'm in a similar situation, and h323 DOES NOT take the IP correcponding to a VPN tunnel, when it should.

I can force binding to that IP, but then I'm loosing my other connections through the public IP.

TIA,

Zoltan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: