cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

H323 Trunk from Call Manager to Avaya PBX

dconstantino
Level 4
Level 4

Does anyone know how and if the CCM will allow the Avaya PBX to interface to the CCM allowing caller ID pass through. I heard the H323 trunk can do this I know Qsig can.

6 Replies 6

hauchinango
Level 3
Level 3

I have done it a few times to a Definity, but with MGCP. (Are you refering to a G3 platform PBX?) Caller ID funtions with name, but If I am not mistaken, When an Avay user dials a Cisco phone, the Avaya user does not see the number of the Cisco station dialed. Let me know if you have any specific questions

I am talking about via IP. Using H323 trunking so I do not need a router for a voice gateway. Using a IP enable card on the Definity.

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

yes CLIP and CNIP (Calling Name and Line Presentation) Work.

You need a minimum of an Avaya s8500 or s8700 media server with 2.1 software and CLAN/Medpro modules.

Also, 4.1(2)+ on the ccm side is needed

I am trying to connect my CCM v4.1 to an Avaya Definity G3 using H323. Do I need 2 IP trunks, 1 to the CLAN card and 1 to the MedPro Card? Also, does someone out there have a config for the Avaya Definity side and the CCM side?

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks

rboyce
Level 1
Level 1

I have this working using MGCP with switch-type PRI 5E8 Custom.

has anyone made this work with cme ?

I have a cme with a pri link to the pbx & customer is looking for caller name info to be passed between the systems

thanks

rob

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: