Views
Helpful
Replies

Having problems adding content to playlist

melissaadams17
Level 1
Level 1

dmm.JPG

We just upgraded to 5.2.1 and after creating a new user with the appropriate rights, they get this when trying to add content to a playlist within a presentation.

I have created a 2nd user with the same problems.  None of my previous users (before 5.2.1) are having any problems.  Any ideas?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Melissa,

I wanted you to select the checkbox in the Row - "Selected" and Column - "Read" and make sure only one folder is selected for the user.

Per my understanding you might be hitting a flavor (not exact match) of known defect DDTS#CSCti18918 that is going to be addressed in DMM 5.2.2 release (Exact ETA for which is not known yet but it is supposed to be out within 1-2 weeks from today).

The issue you are facing is varying since

Below are the release notes :

Problem Description :

This problem is not present in 5.2.  A user has to be configured the following way in order to reproduce the problem:
From DMM GUI >> Digital Signs >> Settings >> User Accounts / User List when we select a user, select the Role = Content Manager and the Objects Create/Read/Write/Delete with "Objects" selected to "All" or "Selected" and mark multiple folders. If only one folder is selected we don't see the issue.

Symptom:
Signs user unable to create content on Digital Media Designer due to the Select Media screen being frozen with a spinning cursor.

Conditions:
DMM 5.2.1 Signs User must have more than one folder selected in the "Content Groups Permissions" setting found at Digital Signs >> Settings >> User Accounts / User List (Role = Content Manager)

Workaround:
So far selecting only one folder in the "Content Groups Permissions" when configuring the user bypasses the frozen Select Media screen but all the content may not be available as expected (i.e. the content available on the sub-folders)
or Make the user as "Admin" until the release of 5.2.2

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

sdhanral
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Melissa,

Is the user configured as a "Content Manager" to have access to “all” folders or at least two folders in your Media Library ?

Can you attach a screenshot of the Digital Signs -->Settings -->User Accounts -->Select User page ? I want to verify the role of he user along with the Folders selected.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Here are the settings I have configured the user with (under settings):

a.       Click on the user name previously created in the left pane

b.      On the right pane, make sure DMP Manager is selected for Role

i.      With create highlighted, remove the check from all or selected

ii.      Click on Read and click on Selected, from the list select the category (group) that the user will be accessing

iii.      Click on Write and click on Selected, from the list select the category that the user will be accessing

iv.      Highlight Delete and remove the check from both

v.      Submit to submit changes for DMP Manager

c.       Choose Content Manager in the Role drop down box

i.      Click on Create – Selected and give them access to the category you created earlier

ii.      Click on Read – All should be selected

iii.      Write – Selected and give access to category

iv.      Delete – Selected and give access to the category

d.      Choose Application Manager

i.      Create – selected – Playlist and Presentation should be selected

ii.      Read – selected – Go To URL, DMP Audio/Video Settings, DMP Display Controls, DMP Startup URL, Cast, Cast VoD, Playlist, Presentation and System Tasks should be seleted

iii.      Write – Selected – Playlist and Presentation should be selected

iv.      Delete – Selected – Playlist and Presentation should be selected

e.      Choose Publisher Manager

i.      For Create, Read, Write and Delete, click on Selected and choose the DMP group that contains the DMP’s they will manage

If I give the user Admin rights, they can have no problems adding conent to the playlist.  The minute I change any permissions (even just 1) then they get the previous screen.  I'm not sure how to pull up the screen shot you are requesting.  I don't have a "select user page"

Melissa

Melissa,

What I meant by the "Select User" Page was - Select the User that is having the issue and send me the screenshot of the page. I've attached one for reference from my lab DMM.

Sagar D

Ok - access to only 1 folder under create content.

Melissa,

Can you mark the Read checkbox and maintain the "Content manager" Role for the user "beranp" and see if the issue can be reproduced ?

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Under Read I need to select either All or Selected and then select the CSD folder.  I'm confused as to what you are asking me to do.  Currently the user has Read - All under Content Manager

It worked to use Selected and then select just their folder.  Is this something new?  We want all of our DS users to be able to access each other's content, so we always just left it at read All.

Melissa

Melissa,

I wanted you to select the checkbox in the Row - "Selected" and Column - "Read" and make sure only one folder is selected for the user.

Per my understanding you might be hitting a flavor (not exact match) of known defect DDTS#CSCti18918 that is going to be addressed in DMM 5.2.2 release (Exact ETA for which is not known yet but it is supposed to be out within 1-2 weeks from today).

The issue you are facing is varying since

Below are the release notes :

Problem Description :

This problem is not present in 5.2.  A user has to be configured the following way in order to reproduce the problem:
From DMM GUI >> Digital Signs >> Settings >> User Accounts / User List when we select a user, select the Role = Content Manager and the Objects Create/Read/Write/Delete with "Objects" selected to "All" or "Selected" and mark multiple folders. If only one folder is selected we don't see the issue.

Symptom:
Signs user unable to create content on Digital Media Designer due to the Select Media screen being frozen with a spinning cursor.

Conditions:
DMM 5.2.1 Signs User must have more than one folder selected in the "Content Groups Permissions" setting found at Digital Signs >> Settings >> User Accounts / User List (Role = Content Manager)

Workaround:
So far selecting only one folder in the "Content Groups Permissions" when configuring the user bypasses the frozen Select Media screen but all the content may not be available as expected (i.e. the content available on the sub-folders)
or Make the user as "Admin" until the release of 5.2.2

Let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Thank you for your help!!!  I'll be looking for 5.2.2 in the next few weeks

Melissa,

Can you please mark the forum post as "Answered " ?

Regards,

Sagar Dhanrale

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: