cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HD Set Top Box to AS7100, HDCP issues?

joe.lazzaro
Level 4
Level 4

Has anyone connected an HD Set Top Box to an AS7100 Media Processor? It is my understanding that all HD content from the STB will be encrypted with HDCP, and this content cannot be converted to HD-SDI for the AS7100 (HD-SDI does not support HDCP). Instead, I was thinking about converting the STB Component output (analog, no HDCP) to HD-SDI, which should still give 1080i.

Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Yes I have. You can’t use HDMI connect because it is often encrypted. The way around it is to use an AJA HD10 converter box. This goes between the Cable Box yPbPr output and the AS7100 SDI input. This provides for HD TV to the monitors.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

jdedell12
Level 5
Level 5

Yes I have. You can’t use HDMI connect because it is often encrypted. The way around it is to use an AJA HD10 converter box. This goes between the Cable Box yPbPr output and the AS7100 SDI input. This provides for HD TV to the monitors.

Let me know if you have any questions.

John

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: