Views
Helpful
Replies

Hearing a Calling Ring Tone

dominice
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have setup a script. So when a DDI is dialled it routes through to IPCC and script kicks in......The problem I have is that the script starts playing but a caller does not hear a ringing tone before the script starts.

Is it was possible when someone is phoning to have the called number ring for half a dozen times before the script kicks in.

I have been told using a delay step in the script would work - all this does is stop the script running for X amount of seconds ie. Silence before the script starts.

I know it seems minor, but is actually quite off putting for callers

to immediately start listening to a message without first hearing a few rings

of the phone......

regards

dominic

3 Replies 3

tepatel
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You sould have a cisco gateway terminating that DID. So call comes in to that GW and then forwarded to IPCC. So no ringback when DID is called can be because of config issue on GW or a probelm with DID. Here is the link which explains how ringback tone can be generated by GW and by Telco with config changes needed on GW.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk652/tk701/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml

For a quick and dirty fix, just add two or three rings recording to the front of your first audio prompt. This way the call gets presented, the script starts playing and the first part of the WAV file is recording of a telephone ring. You could even loop the script for X passes and play a single ring wav file before playing the first "menu" prompt. I used a similar process to give folks the impression that a number being called was disconnected. I just played a wav recording...

Lee

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: