Views
Helpful
Replies

Help getting started please

bpearce4827
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have a 7960 which I am told is in working order, and am trying to develop a prototype application using the SDK version 4.1.1, and I'm not having much luck.

I have installed the SDK and started the CallManager Simulator on my desktop. I do not have an actual Call Manager server.

I have plugged in the phone to a network port on the same network. I have not connected the phone to a PC. When the phone boots up, the status line reads:

Configuring VLAN

Configuring IP

Requesting Configuration

TFTP Timeout

I read in the phone admin guide that the network settings can be unlocked and accessed by inputting "**#" and then hitting the "settings" key, but that does absolutely nothing on my phone, so I can't get in to try and manually configure the network settings.

I have read through the documentation and can't seem to find the step I am missing. I'm only trying at this point to develop a simple app with BTXML, but not being very familiar with the phone and CallManager, I'm not sure exactly how they talk to each other (even to the Simulator). I can't find any documentation anywhere on using the Simulator, only that it comes with the SDK.

The CallManager Simulator config parameters have my desktop IP address and "1000" as Next DN. I have put one value in the "Messages URL" field, and the "Device Load" field has a value of "P00303010106" ( I have no idea what this means).

The phone is not brand new - is it possible I have downloaded a version of the SDK that's not backward compatible with the phone?

Any help here greatly appreciated.

Bill

3 Replies 3

stephenwalter
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

The call manager simulator is used to assure the IP phone that it is communicating with a call manager server. The phone uses SCCP protocol to communicate with the call manager simulator it normally happens via port 2000. In regard to ur issue

Make sure you have disabled firewall on the machine u run the call manager simulator

Make sure the TFTP address configured in the phone is same as the call manager IP.

Regards,

Stephen.

**#3 unlocks the phone.

I also have a 7960 that displays TFTP timeout. I need to set a static IP and TFTP server. How do I do this?

setup key or **#3 don't work. How do I get to the network settings?

There are several working 7960 registered to CME. This phone was moved and factory reset.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: