Views
Helpful
Replies

Help - Problems with the 28xx and the 38xx line of routers

shaun.connor
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a CM 4.1 (2) and a variety of voice gateways. All my 3745 and earlier routers work great, all the new 28xx and 38xx routers have this issue. When we dial outbound calls on the routers and I put the call on hold, the caller gets a really loud reorder tone over and over. The older routers work great, when a caller is put on hold they get the 3 beeps every 30 seconds. This only occurs when the users are dialing out the pstn, it does not occur from ip phone to ip phone....has anyone seen this

3 Replies 3

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Is this happening for all ip phones -> PSTN or have you tested this only on one IP Phone ? What kind of gateways are these ?

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus

Yes, this is happening on all phones -> PSTN...the gateways are 3845 and 2821 routers with onboard T1 PRI vwics and pvdms.

I have also confirmed there are media termination points in all the media group lists and the configuration in CM for the gateway configuration is exactly the same for the working 3745 voice gateways

shaun.connor
Level 1
Level 1

Found the issue, it's the code...it seems 12.3(14) releases are very buggy, this is the 3rd issue we have had with our voice gateway