cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Help! SelectCmDevices is returning only 200 phones

msabir
Level 4
Level 4

I am using AXL/SOAP to retrieve phones from CCM 5.x. I am getting only 200 phones when there are more than 1000 phones. I have set the max devices parameter to 2000 though.

Any idea? Thanks

2 Replies 2

markoller
Level 1
Level 1

This is by design. refer to this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/devguide/5_0_4/ccmdvCh2.html#wp72672

This is done to limit the response buffer to the first 200 devices per server even though the client may have given search criteria to get all the devices in a large deployment. Searches in call processing servers are expensive in terms of CPU cycles. Call processing servers need to service IP phone calls. The device requests from clients should consume less memory and CPU resources. Device requests cannot exceed 20% of CPU resources in call processing servers. Many clients may be requesting this information, but we have limited the information to the first 200 devices.

"

To get all configured device information, clients must use the AXL-DB API. Use the device information from the AXL-DB API in "SelectItems" of the "CmSelectionCriteria" Serviceability SOAP APIs to get first 200 device's real-time information. "

Thanks. This was very useful and I will rate it accordingly.

My follow up question is if I send multiple AXL requests to recieve 200 devices at a time, would it return the same 200 devices or is it going to iterate through it? I mean, is there a paramter which tells AXL to send next set of 200 devices?

Any one else running into same issue?