cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I disable some directory functions on 79xx phone?

gmcgill
Level 1
Level 1

I have some admin assistants that feel the "missed calls" function on a multi-line phone is useless. I need to either disable that function for these phones or limit the reported missed calls to those that were intended for the primary number.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

pwalenta
Level 1
Level 1

There's no easy answer to this - other than having the Cisco developers fix it. You are not the first, and I know you won't be the last person to complain about this issue. It's bugged many of us since CM 3.0 first came out :)

That being said, I know some creative folks have edited the XML files that control the language that appears on the phone to always say "Your current options" or something similar. That completely removes the "X missed calls" feature, but that's the only thing that can be done at the moment.

Keep in mind, Cisco may or may not approve of editing those files, and upgrades may overwrite them without notice. If you'd be so kind as to tell your local Cisco account team to run this up their local flagpole, it might help make this problem a little more visible.