Views
Helpful
Replies

How do i reset the password for cisco DMM 5.1 hardware machine

fahad.ata
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have a cisco DMM 5.1 with some players installed on it, I can login to the dmm 5.1 via web browser but I cannot login the hardware directly through the console, I dont have the password for the console access, Could any one please help me resetting the password for the cisco DMM 5.1 physica server keeping the data and the configuration on the server intact.?

Please help!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Marco Cassini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Fahad,

If you have lost your "admin" account password, it can be recovered using the "pwadmin" account as documented at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_4/dms/aai/administration/guide/pwadmin.html#wp1079466

If you have lost your "pwadmin" password as well, you'll need to open a TAC case and get a "DMS 5.1 pwadmin reset" ISO image via TAC. You can then boot the appliance with the provided CD to reset the "pwadmin" password, then login as "pwadmin" and reset the "admin" password from there.

Regards,

Marco

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Marco Cassini
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Dear Fahad,

If you have lost your "admin" account password, it can be recovered using the "pwadmin" account as documented at the following link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/video/digital_media_systems/5_x/5_4/dms/aai/administration/guide/pwadmin.html#wp1079466

If you have lost your "pwadmin" password as well, you'll need to open a TAC case and get a "DMS 5.1 pwadmin reset" ISO image via TAC. You can then boot the appliance with the provided CD to reset the "pwadmin" password, then login as "pwadmin" and reset the "admin" password from there.

Regards,

Marco

Dear Marco,

Thanks For your Reply , that Was Really Helpful , But Marco Isnt There Any Way of Resetting the password without contacting Cisco tac?