cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How download version file for router 2951 without contract?

Daniel5020
Level 1
Level 1

Hey how are you today?

I need to download this two files:

https://software.cisco.com/download/home/277641082/type/282897001/release/12.5

But I don't have it active contract anymore because this router is under end-of-sale and End-of-Life.

Cisco engineer from Cisco TAC, suggested download and install to check if this is the problem i have it with one of the phones.

So now I'm not clear how procedure with this concerns to fix my issue if i can't download the files.

Thx 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You must upgrade the router ios.

upgrading the iOS upgrade cme version and your expansion module will be supported .

contact a local Cisco partner they could be able to help you.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If you do not have contract or authorised to download using your CCO account, you need to contact any local partner to help you

or Cisco TAC engineer may help you if he suggesting to download the latest version to fix any of your issues.

Sometimes if you know the image name you can google  - XXXXXXXXXXXXX.bin (you will find some files, you can upgrade and test it  - at your risk)

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Thx for that. 

but is under a big risk. That’s why I prefer request support here for any reason.

Also the Cisco engineer mention they can’t suggest they download bucause product is end of the support.

Regards

What problem are your facing with that one phone ?

The file which you are trying to download is the CME GUI file.

Response Signature

Hey hi how are you today?

thx for reply. Well on phones 8865 the key expansion module is not working because my router is under the version the module require it.

this files was recommend my Cisco engineer who take my case.

Thx

You must upgrade the router ios.

upgrading the iOS upgrade cme version and your expansion module will be supported .

contact a local Cisco partner they could be able to help you.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: