Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure CCM if HW transcoder & conference on the same Gateway

jjia
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

CCM 3.3(3), Voice gateway 1751 with PVDM2-256.

I configured transcoder resource and conference bridge resource successfully on vocie gateway. But when I go to configure CCM, after I configured transcoder by entering mac address of 1751 router and registered it successfully, I can not add the same mac address for the hardware conference bridge. It says that the mac address has been configured for MTPXXXX....

Is there any suggestion that I can configure on CCM for both hardware transcoder and conference resource on the same gateway?

I referred this doc:

DSP-Farm Services on the Cisco 1760: Example

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios123/123cgcr/vvfax_c/callc_c/ccm_c/intcnf2.htm#wp1061723

Thanks,

JJ

8 Replies 8

jpinkus
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There was an old issue that required the configuration on the CM to take place prior to the configuration of the dspfarm. Let us know if this fixes your issue, btw, what version of code are you running on the 1751?

Hi Joe,

Voice Gateway 1751 IOS: 12.3(8)T3

I think that voice gateway can provide both hardware transcoder and conference resource at the same time. However, on CCM configuration, it will use the same MAC address of the voice gateway for sccp local interface. But CallManager does not let me configure it.

On the CallManager configuration, if I configure the transcoder using hardware MTP, I need to add the MAC address of the voice gateway(interface FastEthernet's MAC:0007EB32E49B). And then if I add the hardware conference bridge, CCM also asks me to enter the MAC address of voice gateway(I also used the same interface FastEthernet's MAC:0007EB32E49B). Then CCM pops up a message" The MAC address you entered is already assigned to the following device(s) MTP0007EB32E49B, Please check the MAC address fro each device and make sure it is correct"

I tried your suggestion, it did not work.

I was wondering how to configure on CCM if I want to configure both hardware transcoder & conference resource on the same voice gateway.

Thanks,

JJ

Hi all,

Can someone answer this question?

On the cisco documentation, on the same router we can configure both transcoder & conference resource.

My question is how to configure the CallManager to soulve the previous question.

Thanks

I think you need to prepend CFB for the Conf Bridge and MTP for the xcoder.

Cheers,

Vance

Vance,

When configuring Xcoder or Conference bridge, CCM will ask you to provide MAC address. It will automaticlly prepend CFB & MTP before MAC address. The problem is when you input the same MAC address for xcoder & CFB, CCM will not allow you to enter.

Any idea or suggestion?

JJ

Hello,

You need to configure the conference bridge and transcoder as Cisco IOS confernce bringe and IOS MTP.

When you add the conference bridge in the device name use CFB address and for MTP add as MTP

This should solve your problem.

Thanks,

Radhika

Thanks Radhika,

Yes this solved my problem.

Great!

JJ

Good to hear that it is working now.Yes when ever you add any DSP resource on a router you need to add it as an IOS resource and not as a hardware resource.You use hardware resoure usually for 6608 blades.

Thanks,

Radhika

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: