cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remotely exit out of the idle URL ?

ibatterbe
Level 1
Level 1

I have the idle URL set to point to a script that not all users want to see... rather than having to maintain individual idle timer settings for each phone (potentially an administrative nightmare), I thought it would be cleaner if the script named as the Idle URL had the ability to revert the phone back to the dial pane if the idle screen wasn't wanted on that particular phone.. this idea would also serve as something of a keepalive which might be handy in the future for something.

However, I thought that the idle page would display in the services pane, but this doesn't seem to be the case..

If the idle script returns an IPPhoneExecute object to the phone with a URI of "Key:Services" (to close the services pane), it actually OPENs the services pane.. so clearly the idle screen isn't running in that pane.

I can do it by sending Key:Services twice in a row, but that's not ideal either, because a), it's ugly, and b), the phone ends up displaying "HTTP request cancelled" on the dial pane afterwards.

What would be nice is a 'Key' that explitly changed to the dial pane, but I don't think such a thing exists.

Any ideas / comments appreciated.

3 Replies 3

ibatterbe
Level 1
Level 1

Got it! I can do this with a ExecuteItem of 'Softkey:Exit'... and it works very well - the display on the phone doesn't even change to the idle screen and back.. it just stays right where it is.

And it works.. with *one* slight problem.

The colour 7970G seems to ignore the keypress entirely, so it just sits there on a blank page showing SERVICES.

I might enter this as a possible 7970 bug with TAC

Maybe try sending SoftKey:Exit twice?

Interesting to see the difference in models...

Hmm.. tried your suggestion and discovered something even more silly.

If I POST the IPPhoneExecute object to the phone, rather than let the phone GET it, I can look at the response item, and thus any error message the phone throws up.

Sending Softkey:Exit to the 7970 produces

Sending the same thing to the 7940 works fine.

What's even worse, is that sending Key:Services to the 7970 does the job and closes the pane (presumably meaning that the idle screen runs in the services pane on the 7970 but not on the 7940).

So, in summary:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

print "Content-Type: text/xml\n\n";

print "\n";

print "\n"; # this only works on a 7970

#print "\n"; # this only works on a 7940/60

print "\n";

For the record, the 7970 is running 6.0.1 SR1.. I know 6.0.2 is out, but that created more problems than it solved for me, so I reverted back until they can get the time zone right in New Zealand.