Views
Helpful
Replies

How To Route Calls On The Basis Of Calling Number

ankit.chauhan7
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

What configuration I can implement in order to route the incoming calls to CUCM from Lync application via particular PSTN. Suppose I have two set of extension range i.e. 911206118XXX and 9112061197XX but I want if the calling from number is 911206119700 then it should route via PSTN A and if the incoming number is 91120611800 then it must go out via PSTN B.

Please help :)

Regards,

Ankit

3 Replies 3

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM is not meant to use the ANI for call decisions, it uses the called number.

Probably the easiest way would be if you can add a prefix to the called number, directly on the Lync side, then use that prefix to match the "right" route pattern in CUCM and send via the right PSTN trunk.

You can also look into external call control profiles to create the custom routing that you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

There is a way to do so, under TP you can use option "Route Next Hop By Calling Party Number". Please refer https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/71966/blocking-calls-based-calling-party-id, it explains the process. Its a very tricky one and not recommended by Cisco but it works out.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: