cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to search user in Corporate Directory by Department Name

wei.haihong
Level 1
Level 1

As you know, we can use the Department Name to search a user from Global Directory using Advanced Search Option. Only three options (FirstName, LastName & Number) are provided in the Corporate Directory of IP Phone.What I want to do is to add or use the Department Name to search a user in the Corporate Directory.

Is there anyone can give me some advice? I think I need to modify some parts of xmldirectorylist.asp & xmldirectoryinput.asp. It will be very helpful to me if somebody can point out the modify parts.

Many thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

modifying of those pages is not supported...

you are better off by downloading the ipphone services sdk, install it on a webserver (NOT callmanager) and edit the ldapsearch example

View solution in original post

16 Replies 16

dstine
Level 1
Level 1

I am looking for the same functionality. Can anyone point us in the right direction?

Hi, I think you can also get the hint from s.monteiro's reply.

You can use "departmentnumber" to search directory. By the way, xmldirectorylist.asp is using "firstname", "lastname", "telephonenumber" and "userid" to search the directory. As s.monteiro said modifying of those scripts was not supported by Cisco, you'd better try to use SDK to develope the LDAP Search.

Hi, have you resolved your problem?

Sascha Monteiro
Level 6
Level 6

modifying of those pages is not supported...

you are better off by downloading the ipphone services sdk, install it on a webserver (NOT callmanager) and edit the ldapsearch example

Thank you for your reply.

I know to modify those pages is not supported.

I just want to use those scripts and put them on another webserver. But now I'm not sure what is the entry of the Department Name, and I also don't know if the entry of the Global Directory is the same in the embedded DC directory. Wish for your advice.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

You cannot just copy asp files to another webserver,

it will use COM objects that are on the callmanager only.

Just install the sdk and edit the ldapsearch.

the ldap attribute in the DC Directory is departmentNumber

Thanks for your help.

I will try to use SDK.

In the newest version of the SDK there is a new method, "SearchByOtherField", this will allow you to search on departmentnumber. The issue I ran into though is that you cannot combine multiple search criteria. For example, you cannot perform a search using the SearchByOtherField and SearchByPhoneNumber methods. It will not combine the two search criteria, it will only return the last search criteria it encounters. In order to get a true multiple criteria search, I would suggest looking at the multiDirectory example in the SDK for some suggestions on using the XML data and building your own directory.

Not applicable

Did you get this working yet? I was asked to do this recently and it took me a couple days of messing around to figure it out. I can show you the files I edited and try to point out where I made changes (I'll have to go back through and comment).

Thank you for your replies.

I use sdk to do this. Just using "SearchByOtherField" method.

Thank you for your replies.

I use sdk to do this. Just using "SearchByOtherField" method.

i m new to this sdk.can u please help me to locate the "SearchByOtherField" string on multidirectory.asp or it will be more helpful if you can provide me with the sample file that you have created.please share you script with me

Thnks

I can show you how to specific "SearchByOtherField".

For example, s.SearchByOtherField("departmentNumber", dept)

will search the DC using department.

It's using SearchByName(Line 177) and

SearchByPhoneNumber(Line 181) in multidirectory.asp.

You can change these to SearchByOtherField Method.

i did that. it is working but i dont get the same thing displayed on my phone

XML error 4 parser error

please help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: