Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Community Helping Community

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

How to see Call Detail Record in real-time ?

Hello,

To make an application to see who's calling in real time, I was thinking I had to use the CallDetailRecord table in the CDR SQL database. Unfortunately, when I enable the CDR Enables Flag and the Call Diagnostics Enabled in the Call Manager Administration, there is only the CallDetailRecordDiagnostic table witch is filled, and not in real-time...

Does anyone knows how to fill the CallDetailRecord table in real time ?

Thank you.

5 REPLIES 5
Contributor

Re: How to see Call Detail Record in real-time ?

There is no way to get CDR in real-time on the CallManager.

However, if you use tapi or jtapi to monitor the lines on the CallManager you can observe call events occuring on the CallManager in real-time. Not as convenient as CDR, but will probably provide you with what you are looking for.

Check the tapi/jtapi specs from the programming reference guides:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guides_list.html

You'll also want to join the Cisco Developer Support program if you have not yet already done so. There is more information on these interfaces there with samples applications:

http://www.cisco.com/pcgi-bin/dev_support/access_level/product_support

Highlighted
Explorer

Out of curiosity, if someone makes a call, how soon will that CDR info be available?

Contributor

Once the participants have hung up, the CDR should be in the database within a minute or so...

Beginner

If you are using IOS based Gateways you should be able to setup some SNMP based log-traps to provide some real time ISDN logging. (assuming that you are using PRI with Caller ID enabled).

I haven't seen a way to do this within CM for MGCP gateways (6608 etc).

Beginner

Thank you for your response.

We are already use thise method, with snmp trap, we log every dial-in, but we can't see h323 dial, transfert...

Perhaps we can do the same thing on the callmanager, with the log, we are trying...

Thank you

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
FusionCharts will render here