Views
Helpful
Replies

How to use Windows CA for Show&Share Certificate

skarahasan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

In our enterprise, Windows CA is being used and we are having problem using Windows CA with S&S.

Windows CA is not accepting the CSR we generate from S&S and gives the following error:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312344

Your certificate request was denied.

Your Request Id is 0. The disposition message is "Error Parsing Request The request subject name is invalid or too long. 0x80094001 (-2146877439)".

Also Windows CA cannot issue certificates with PEM extension either.

Basically, how can we use Windows CA in this scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Behic    

4 Replies 4

Microsoft CA wants a 2 character country, use US instead of USA.

If skarahasan's situation is the same as mine, it sounds the same, there will be more quesitons.

I've gotten past the error here but still haven't been able to get a cert and chain that show and share will accpet.  There aren't a lot of options with the MS CA.

Can you point me to the steps required to get a cert and chain from MS CA for show and share?

We have successfully loaded the certificate from the Microsoft CA.  The issue was with the "chain" that the MS CA created.

Cert Request from show and share created.

From MS CA I created a cert,

Used openssl to convert the MS Cert to PEM.

For the chain, I exported the certs within the chain using the export utility on the CA Server.  These files were saved in the folder path for the show and share to use.

I think, I could have used this export method from the MS CA Server for the cert as well.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: