Views
Helpful
Replies

Hunt Group Voicemail Assistance

jasondrisc
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I've read multiple threads in regard to voicemail options relating to Hunt Groups but haven't found exactly what I'm trying to do. This leads me to believe what I want to accomplish isn't possible but here goes....

I have received a request to have a hunt group setup with just two extensions included. Under cfna/cfb condition, they want the call to forward to one of the extensions in the group. For example:

1. Line group set to longest idle distribution, . Contains extensions 2001 and 2002. If no answer/busy try next member, but do not go to next group. If no answer/busy they want the call to forward to the voicemail on ext. 2001.

2. Hunt pilot 3000. I have tried forwarding to a CTI pilot and port alternately set to cfwdall to a voicemail profile of 2001. In either case the call is forwarded to the "default operator" of the system.

3. Tried setting the forward hunt no answer to 2001 thinking if no answer the local setting would forward to the correct voicemail. This also results in forwarding to the "default operator" of the system.

4. Also under the Hunt Pilot I tried setting the Forward Hunt No Answer to the voicemail pilot for the Unity server, set the Called Party Transformation Mask to 2001. It appears that 2001 is what appears as the transferring number (called number), but when the call hits Unity you hear "Hello, Cisco Unity messaging....".

Any suggestions on this would be appreciated. Is it even possible to accomplish what I'm trying to do? In everything I've read that's related to this subject it appears that it all boils down to the original called number. I haven't read anything in my exact scenario so I figured it was worth a shot.

Thanks!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Original called number is what unity gets, unless you use a VM Profile with a hard set number. Have seen that be tricky to work in some scenarios though.

May be easier, to just pull up the call viewer tool on unity (start -> programs -> unity -> Call viewer) and see what the call is coming in as and set up a routing rule on unity to send it to whatever call handler/subscriber you want. This way you don't have to worry about multiple forwards on CCM side before it gets to VM. Just set call hunt busy/no answer to VM.

You can set the extension on the call handler if it is a call handler also, this way a routing rule isn't needed. Alternate extension on a subscriber.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Erick Bergquist
Level 6
Level 6

Original called number is what unity gets, unless you use a VM Profile with a hard set number. Have seen that be tricky to work in some scenarios though.

May be easier, to just pull up the call viewer tool on unity (start -> programs -> unity -> Call viewer) and see what the call is coming in as and set up a routing rule on unity to send it to whatever call handler/subscriber you want. This way you don't have to worry about multiple forwards on CCM side before it gets to VM. Just set call hunt busy/no answer to VM.

You can set the extension on the call handler if it is a call handler also, this way a routing rule isn't needed. Alternate extension on a subscriber.

Thank you very much for the response!! After multiple attempts at digit manipulation in CCM I gave in and followed the suggestion of creating a Call Routing rule upon forward from the forwarding station/dialed number from an Internal Call Type. I learned yet another feature on the neverending list of options!

I am curious though on why I couldn't get this to work without the routing rule. To elaborate on our dial-plan, we have 7-digit internal. While testing, I would call one of the extensions in my hunt group, let it go to voicemail, and in Call Viewer I would see the appropriate 7-digit ext. appear as the DN/Forwarding Station. Regardless of what I tried to manipulate on the Hunt Group Pilot DN it always appeared as the 4-digit ext. (minus country/location code). I am completely baffled by this. I can't figure out were the 3-digit prefix is getting stripped?

At any rate, I have an acceptable solution, thank you again for your time.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: