cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Idle Service, Deactivate on ring?

msaulters
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know how to make a service deactivate when the phone receives a call? My users don't like idleurl services right now, because they have to physically press the exit softkey when a call is received.

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

sbilgi
Level 5
Level 5

I ran into a similar issue sometime back and there is a bug for this:CSCdw79582.Think this happens with CCM 3.1/3.2. Also, the bug matches your description "they have to physically press the exit softkey when a call is received".

Thanks, I'll check up on that bug ID.

I'm actually using 3.3(4)sp2 Still does the same thing, unless there's some code I've missed in the service.

i've been living with this problem for the last 1.5 years.. i would love to know if there is a fix or a work around.

can anyone confirm that this still happens in CCM 4?

www.ccmstuff.org

The problem went away when we loaded the new phone load, 7.1(2), I think. CCM 4.0(2a)sr1a. All phones are 7960's. The number keypad still does not allow the user to dial a number without first pressing exit, selecting a line, activating the speaker, or lifting the headset, but webdialer works fine.

There is a similar discussion in the developer forum:

http://forum.cisco.com/eforum/servlet/NetProf?page=netprof&forum=IP%20Communications%20and%20Video&topic=IP%20Phone%20Services%20for%20Developers&CommCmd=MB%3Fcmd%3Ddisplay_location%26location%3D.1dd7f015

Using the CiscoIPPhoneStatus element rather than a text or graphic element might solve your problem. You could try it out and see. The CiscoIPPhoneStatus element appears on the call pane rather than the services pane, so all call keys should be active. That said, it doesn't go away, and is more persistant. Still, it may offer the functionality you are looking for...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: