Views
Helpful
Replies

IM&P 11.0 | UDS - Exclude MobileNumber field

Benno Bark
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

We are in the process of moving from EDI/BDI to UDS.

In the old setup we where able to hide the MobileNumber field by pointing it to an empty field in our LDAP directory.

With UDS, is there a way we can hide or prevent the mobile number field from being synced?

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Varundeep Chhatwal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Do you see the mobile number in the end user page of cucm for a user?

Yes. and thus also showing in Jabber as dial-able number...

Please remove the below parameter from jabber-config xml file.

<MobilePhone>mobile</MobilePhone>

if this parameter is not there then try adding below parameter

<MobilePhone>Pager</MobilePhone>

This above option will work if there is on pager number defined in cucm.

By the way , if LDAP is not having mobile number then how you are getting it in CUCM. Are these local users ? You can remove the mobile number value from cucm end user page as well if you don't need them.

The number is present in LDAP, thats why it shows in the CUCM end user as its synced to UDS. As we dont have <MobilePhone>mobile</MobilePhone> in our jabber-config.XML, I tried the <MobilePhone>pager</MobilePhone> and it doesn't work. 

I double checked if the parameter was present in "cachedTFTPConfigStore.xml" and it was. Thanks for the suggestion tho, much appreciated...

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I don't believe there's a way to do any of what you're asking, the options to sync from LDAP are limited, and since UDS is a flat directory, you only point to your UDS server in the Jabber config, but have no further control over what fields you can use, or how to map them. You only get those if you're using EDI.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate