Views
Helpful
Replies

IMP offline messaging

zheepern0826
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts,

I have an IMP server and i have some queries on the behavior.

If User A send a IM to User B and User B is offline now, will user B get the message when they online ? I read from below article, it will send when user online.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_5_1/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105/CUP0_BK_CE43108E_00_config-admin-guide-imp-105_chapter_01100.html

However, if the user have 2 jabber profile ( desktop and mobile) and we assume user turn on their mobile client today and read the message. If tomorrow user login their Desktop client, will they get the message too or they won't get the message since they receive from mobile jabber ?

Please advise ...

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

By default, the 'Suppress offline instant messaging' setting is unchecked; meaning, IMs will be sent upon the next login. When users have access to Jabber via multiple platforms, IM&Presence uses something called IM Forking to send the message to both locations - assuming the user logins to both. If the user responds to the IM, whichever platform was used (let's say Mobile) then IM&P wouldn't deliver the IM to the desktop and vice versa. If the user doesn't respond to the IM, then I believe, the IM would be presented to both platforms.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Mark Swanson
Level 4
Level 4

By default, the 'Suppress offline instant messaging' setting is unchecked; meaning, IMs will be sent upon the next login. When users have access to Jabber via multiple platforms, IM&Presence uses something called IM Forking to send the message to both locations - assuming the user logins to both. If the user responds to the IM, whichever platform was used (let's say Mobile) then IM&P wouldn't deliver the IM to the desktop and vice versa. If the user doesn't respond to the IM, then I believe, the IM would be presented to both platforms.

Hi,

Is there a way that we can keep the message and even though we have reply
via mobile, we still can see the message in the desktop.

For example, whatsapp web and mobile they are able to show the history no
matter which device we login.