cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In need of advice.

Nykko24
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to the cisco networking world. I could really use some advice on what to do after I attain my CCNA certification and graduate from high school.

Thanks in advance.

7 Replies 7

dgoodwin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

College would be good.

http://www.usnews.com/usnews/edu/eduhome.htm

There's a lot of universities that are starting to offer undergraduate programs in computer networking. Search for them and start there. Good luck!

majesky_brett
Level 1
Level 1

well Nykko24, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm in 11th grade, almost done with my first year of my CCNA training. I don't know about your school, but if you're in 10th grade right now, by the time you recieve your CCNA certificate, your school should be offering the CCNP training class. I was told that it's only another year of training, and since it will be through the school, it's free. I also know that at my school, we're being set up with internships to obtain experience before we hit the workforce, so we'll be looked at even higher than without it. I can't really tell you much, just talk to your teacher, I'm sure he/she will be able to help you

sachinraja
Level 9
Level 9

hi nykko,

Good that you have passed CCNA. Now try to focus hard and try completing your CCNP and if possible CCIE. CCNP is really a good program to get deep into the concepts. It covers in full depth about switching and WANS. I think it will be of gret help for you if you intend to work in networking field. there is also another option, ie CCNP security. That is really a great program. It can fetch you a job within few seconds. thatz it for now. keep in touch.

regards,

Rajagopal.S MCP,CCNA,CCNP,CCIE (theory)

my mail id is sachinraja@rediffmail.com

m.calabrese
Level 1
Level 1

College!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes! any Cisco Certification is a very valuable asset and one to be proud of BUT anyone talented enough to earn a CCNA while in high school should attend college. Any curriculum in the "hard sciences " will work wonders for your career. DO NOT think you have to major in computer science, Mathematics, Physics or any of the Engineering tracks will do fine. Hope I helped

charles_cui
Level 1
Level 1

u'd better go into college/university ,i think

6jdambly
Level 1
Level 1

well this is what I would do, put up a resume on monster.com, people are always looking for Networking guys, college is a good idea, but the don't teach you anything that applies in the real world.

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

Goto University. there are no short cuts in life.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: