cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In Unity 4.0(3) is there a way to undelete voicemail msgs?

ejrobali
Level 1
Level 1

For example a user would delete a message as they normally would but later on wants to get that message back. Ideally the deleted message would go into a deleted messages folder in their Unity voicemail, and when the users logs in to check their VM later Unity will prompt as is usually does with listen to new messages, saved messages etc. but would also prompt to listen to deleted messages and within that give an option to undelete the message and keep it as new or save it. Also if undeletion is possible is there a setting that states how long the system would keep deleted messages so that storage does not become an issue. Thank you for your insight!

1 Reply 1

rcfoltz
Level 5
Level 5

Yes, But it has to be enabled first, so if you havn't enabled it previously I think you out of luck. But to be able to do it in the future In Unity go to the Class Of Service you have assigned for your users. Go to the Messages sub-page and select "Deleted Messaged are copied to the Deleted items folder".

Then when someone needs to undelete a message, you run a program called "Cisco Unity Message Store Manager" This can be obtained from CiscoUnityTools.com. You would run a script against the selected subscriber account to move messages from the deleted items folder back into the inbox.

Hope this helps.

If you do enable this, make sure you schedule a task in the Message Store Manager to delete messages from the dleted items folder. I have mine scheduled to run every eveing and it deletes messages older than 7 days.