cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

in unity connection how to use different greetings for call handler in off working hours?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

I'm creating an IVR in unity connection with call handler and i need to use certain greetings during working hour and different one during off-hours, in the attached pictures i saw the call handler have an active time which i think related , but when i go to the greetings in the call handler it shows (standard, closed, holiday) which i think i need the "closed" one and upload the greeting there for off-hours, but i dunno how the mechanic on how to make the greeting activate on "closed"? like will it activate on "closed" if it receives a call outside of active hours?  

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

7 Replies 7

It’s managed by a schedule that you set as used by the call handler. When this return that it’s outside of open hours the closed greeting will be used. Otherwise it will use the standard greeting or the alternate if that is enabled. All this is covered in the administration guide for Unity Connection. For more details please see this document. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/11x/administration/guide/b_cucsag.pdf
Page 87 cover greetings on a call handler and 106 cover schedules.

Response Signature

do i have to checkmark it "enabled" to activate it when a call is received outside the schedule? because it is unmarked by default

Yes. If not enabled it will not be used.

Response Signature

thx for the great information, what about the rest like alternate or busy? how do these get used because so far i understood that calls during schedule will get standard greeting and calls outside of schedule will get closed

Alternate greeting can be used to override the standard and can be controlled by the users themselves. Busy greeting will be used if the call is sent to Unity by the use of call forward busy in CUCM. Again given that the greetings are in the enabled state.

Response Signature

so busy is used if all ports of unity are busy?

No, it's used if the called directory number in CUCM is busy.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: