Views
Helpful
Replies

Installing Subscriber with different Publisher version

lee.reade
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Trying to install a sub into my cluster, pub is running 4.0(2a)sr1a and I have the 4.0(1) install cd.

I have managed to fudge the registry on the pub so that the build reads 4.0(1) and not 4.0(2)a, this allows the install process to move forward to the installing DC Service stage, however this is where it fails.

I am sure you can edit the registry setting for IntegratedInstallVersion from 4.0.1.2 (which is what its set at for the pub) to a value that would work with 4.0(1).

Anyone know what this value is or can offer any other assistance?

Cheers,

LR

2 Replies 2

yavuzsab
Level 1
Level 1

Yeah, Its best that if you use the exact same Callmanager version 4.0(2a) Disks when introducing a new installed subscriber into your cluster. Sure we can try editing the registry and will work, but not a supported way and TAC will also not allow it. This is just from past experiences.

Also while introducing a subscriber into a cluster the Cisco Appusers CCMSysUSer, CCMAdministrator, IPMASysuser passwords will need to be populated on the Publisher registry by using the CCMPWDChanger.exe tool under c:\dcdsrvr\bin folder or be set manually with the hex value otherwise your subscriber install may fail.

Note: Host and Lmhost files should also be populated on both servers to resolve any name resolutions.

Cheers!

Yavuz

Thanks for the reply,

This requirement is for my lab, not a production requirement,

Could you tell me, or point me, the registry change that I need to make.

I cannot find it anywhere.

Cheers

LR