cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integrated Branch Office Solution - All in One - Is it Possible?

carlos-oliveira
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am trying to establish a design that will use a single cisco router implement all the functions i need at a small branch office.

It is a mix of call manager express, firewall, ids and VPN server with SDM on top. Does anyone ever tried this?

Apparently it should work but ???

I think this is the correct hardware configuration:

Cisco1760-v-ccme

mod1700-VPN

VIC2-2BRI-NT/TE

WIC-1ADSL

Ios IP/ADSL/VOX/FW/IDS PLUS IPSEC 3DES

ROUTER-SDM

FL-CCME-SMALL

32F/128DRAM

PVDM-256K-4

So, has anybody tried this. Will it work?

What about using a remote softphone over an IPSEC tunnel?

What about integration with an URL-filter (websense)?

I will be working on this the next days so comments are very appreciated.

Best regards,

Carlos Oliveira

2 Replies 2

owillins
Level 6
Level 6

I haven't tried all the functions in your design, but here is a document to configure softphone over vpn

http://www.cisco.com/warp/customer/788/AVVID/sp_vpn.html

thisisshanky
Level 11
Level 11

Yes, This should work. Ideally, its recommended to keep your voice system separate from your data system, so that in case the data circuit goes down the voice is still available. Since you are using the VIC2-2BRI card you will need two PVDM-256k-8 and not the PVDM-256k-4. Every thing else looks good.

Yes, This should work. Ideally, its recommended to keep your voice system separate from your data system, so that in case the data circuit goes down the voice is still available. Since you are using the VIC2-2BRI card you will need two PVDM-256k-8 and not the PVDM-256k-4. Every thing else looks good.

One drawback to this design, is that you have not put any voice mail system (like CUE)

Sankar Nair
UC Solutions Architect
Pacific Northwest | CDW
CCIE Collaboration #17135 Emeritus