cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Interesting Conferencing Problem

mtashiro
Level 1
Level 1

Having a problem with CallManager conferencing. When trying to conference two outside parties the conference does not conect the call.

Here are the scenarios:

If I call from an IP phone to a IP phone extension then call and outside party the conference works.

If an outside party calls my IP phone and then I conference an outside party the conference works.

If I call from my IP phone and conference other IP phone extensions the conference works.

The problem occurs when I try to conference two outside parties. CM does not connect the two calls together. I do not drop the other call, just can't connect.

Using CM 3.0.6 and a VG200 as a gateway. Any ideas???

3 Replies 3

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I haven't tried that exact situation personally, but I was wondering if you are using software or hardware-based conferencing? Also, so I understand that when you call to the IP phone from the VG200 (i.e. outside) and then you press conference and dial out, or is it when you have two outside callers on the same phone and you try to conference? If it's the latter case, do you have both calls on the same line appearance?

If someone calls me at ext. 1010 and then I try to conference another outside line (by pressing the Confn button) the conference will connect.

If I try to call one outside line then try to conference another outside line (by pressing the Confn button) the conference does not work.

I do not drop any of the callers, just can't conference. Apparently there is a bug (CSCdt18455) asscoicated with this problem so I guess I will wait until it is resolved.

In the mean time I will setup meet-me conferences instead.

You are correct. I had seen this mentioned on some internal aliases. That is indeed your bug.