Views
Helpful
Replies

Intuity Voice Mail Integration

carijit
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have Avaya G3R talking to Intuity Voice Mail System in a remote site.

We also have a Call Manger cluster in another site.

We need to integrate the Call Manager Cluster to talk to the Intuity VM system.

Can someone suggest how we can carry the voice path and the MWI taking into account theres a WAN connection between the two sites, I think SMDI would be a problem cause of the distance limitation.

I will appreciate your response.

Regards,

Arijit

6 Replies 6

kleo
Level 3
Level 3

First an Avaya Intuity VM can only talk to one phone system, can not be dual connected.

Second, qsig integration as far as i 've heard isn't possible at least lighting MWI off an intuity with qsig.

Your cleanest option, which i've done many times:

New Intuity VM connected to Call Manager, then network back to the other intuity off the G3 via IP and intuity's networking protocol. Works like a champ.

Thanks for the answer Leo.

Buying a second Intuity is not a efficient solution.

I am not talking about dual integration, but having the AVAYA G3R integrated with CCM cluster via QSIG trunks and CCM using VM via AVAYA G3R.No dual integration required.

I am definate that QSIG can carry voice path as well as MWI.

Regards,

Arijit

i've been down the path many times...yeah there's a cisco white paper, that shows the integration and MWI working via qsig ,BUT Avaya does not support this configuration. If it was an Avaya modular messaging voice mail it would be a different story.

good luck.

Leo,

You are right.

There some proprietary fields in the QSIG messages which Call Manager is not capable of decoding.

I think we have to go with your first suggestion of buying another Intuity VM and then networking that with the exhisting one.

Thanks,

Arijit

Yeah it works very well with a dedicated Inuity.

Go with an Avaya intuity LX, i think it's the least expensive model intuity.

good luck.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: