cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Communictor w/ USB handset - answering a call when workstation is locked

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

My customer can not answer calls with his USB handset when his workstation is locked. Instead he needs to log on quickly, hope that he won't mistype his username/password and the caller is not transferred to voice mail in the meantime.

Otherwise, the IP communicator/USB handset solution works fine.

Any ideas to work around this? Any input is appreciated.

Regards

/David

7 Replies 7

smahbub
Level 6
Level 6

The voice mail pilot number is the number subscribers call to retrieve their voice messages (typically triggered by pressing the messages button on the phone), as well as the number IP phones are call forwarded to so that callers can leave a voice message.Refer URL for configuring voicemail on IPC

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_implementation_design_guide_chapter09186a0080576186.html#wp1010551

I appreciate your answer, but my issue has nothing to do with configuring voice mail.

It's really the first sentence that matters: My customer can not answer calls with his USB handset when his workstation is locked.

Regards

/David

adriano33
Level 1
Level 1

Hi David,

I'm having the same question, did you do something to resolve this? I`m using headsets Plantronics CS50 USB and Voyager 510 Bluetooth, tks

Adriano

mengli123
Level 1
Level 1

How about using a USB blue-tooth device instead. I am able to answer a call by pressing the answer button on my handset.

Mengli,

what model of headset are you using with IPCommunicator?

Hi Adriano,

With plantronics cs50 its possible to answer calls with headset if PC is unlocked?

If yes what i have to config?

One more question do you hear music on hold if you put a call on hold beetween two ip communicators?

Thanks,

Best Regards

MC

MC,

if you are using Plantronics CS50, you need to install one software Persono call (download in Plantronics page's). There's a tutorial on the site.

You need to configure the option "User Hold audio Source" if you are using CALL MANAGER

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: