Views
Helpful
Replies

IP phone display name of the called party with grabage

aazmi
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am running CME with 12.4.14(t) ios. The problem which i am having is that when anyone dial any extension, the name is displayed of the called extension & some garbage charater are shown

17 Replies 17

Hi,

I have the feeling that the issue has not yed been positively identified by Cisco in all the ramifications.

E.g. I have it for calls coming in via ISDB BRI w/ 12.4(11)XJ4, no matter the phone type or release. But calls from IP phone to IP phone, are OK.

If you want to try with a different FW, rather than going backward, I suggest 8.0(7) that is the latest for 7940/60.

Hope this helps, please rate post if it does!

Thanks,

Is there a BUG ID or an open case that I can track for this issue?

Hi,

As mentioned above, CSCsj18014 was indicated as the applicable one, but reading the description, it doesn't seems so to me. Another bug that appears in the same page, is reported without ID and I couldn't pull from search.

I guess your only choice is to open your own TAC case an see what you are told about. You should ask immediate escalation to CME team to avoid loosing time being handled by unqualified CSE.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: