cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone Services

ali
Level 1
Level 1

I was reading the Read Me file with the SDK application and one of the requirements was

Cisco Call Manager 3.1, does that mean it does not support 3.0.XX (11) in my case.

Any idea.

Thanks

11 Replies 11

Hey Ali, it's Tim from SOS.

I've tested some IP services with various versions of CCM and they all seem to work to some degree. We have some developers in our lab right now creating some very cool IP apps, but I believe some of the features they are using will only work with 3.1. I'll find out for you. It seems that CCM is advancing so quickly, almost no one can truly keep up with it.

-Tim

If your developers need beta testers, let me know :))

We may need them, who knows. What type of applications do your clients (or company) need? We're trying to get a feel for the types apps we should be concentrating our efforts towards.

-Tim

notifacations

If you are talking about IM-Type notifications, I haven't been able to figure out how to display anything on the default (front) screen of the phone. Every page after the front screen seems to be customizable, but Cisco hasn't let us touch the starting page yet. Of course, this is probably a good thing, considering how I would probably screw it up...

We have developed a Message application that allows a message, entered from a web page, to be displayed on the services screen. It's a start.

-Tim

I couldn't even get the sample services from cisco to

work, I can see the list of them from the phone and I can access the first page only & nothing after it

on all the services. Have anyone got this to work,

because acurding to TAC, this was reported as a bug

and I am waiting to hear back from them.

-Ali

I've got the Calendar application running, on CM3.0(11). Are you talking about any other apps ?

The Cal is about the only thing that works...

I have the same problem. We have Call Manager 3.0(11) where the Calendar sample service is just about the only one that works (the older SDK app version).

However, we have a test Call Manager 3.1 where I have most of the sample applications working (the new SDK app version available), except for Weather, Airlines, & World Clock. I thought the reason they did not work had something to do with the fact that it was not just a single stockticker.asp file. The Weather sample, for example, has a Weather menu (which requires input), then you are supposed to enter your State or Zip code, & such.

Thanks for any help on this.

I haven't tried the Cisco apps yet. I'll try to load them tomorrow and let you know what I find out.

I have six or so of our prototype custom apps running on our internal system. I'm using CCM 3.1(1), which has some pretty cool features added, such as the idle page url.

-Tim

Hi Tim-

Please let me know if you get any cool apps working,

we would like to use IM if possible. Also, we recently upgraded to 3.0(11).

Thanks,