Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phone variables

mcassina
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

How can I obtain the "ModelName" of a IP Phone?

How can I use the "cisco-proprietary Header" variables such as "x-CiscoIPPhoneModelName"?

thx

FX

8 Replies 8

XmlEquals
Level 3
Level 3

The header is like any other header in an HTTP request. How you access it is dependant on the environment you are developing in.

If i sniff the header this variable is not in the header.

But Reading SDK this varible is in the header.

How can i tell the Phone to give me the variable?

Thx

FX

It's not in older firmware loads of the phone. What version of CCM are you using?

Whoah, looks like I spoke too soon, what firmware version are these headers available in?

Sorry "spoke" what does mean?

I'm using release 3.3(4) for SDK document

The header : "Accept: x-CiscoIPPhone/*;version=2.0, text/*" phone modell CP-7960

and CallManager 4.1.3

The documentation is wrong, and that header is not available at this time.

There are a number of ways to distinguish phone types... and it depends on what you need to do. The useragent header is different for 7940/7960 and 7970 (Allegro webclient version), so that might provide what you're looking for. Sniff the exchanges and you'll see the differences.

Otherwise you could use the devicelistx report, which identifies the type of the device in the first field (value corresponds to enum field of the typeProduct table from CallManager CCM03xx database).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_programming_reference_guide_chapter09186a0080405760.html

The fact is that:

Some days ago while sniffing i saw a header containig

the informations i need.

I unsed Request.ServerVariables("HTTP_x-CiscoIPPhoneModelName") (usin VBScript) an i was abel tu put on screen the Phone model.

So now I'm not able to do the same thing....

FX

That is strange.

However, are you just trying to determine 7970 from the others? I ask this because its a common need, and you can get away with checking for image/png in the accept header, which is only present for the color phones.