cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IP Phones 7940 and 7912 question

carlostrapiello
Level 1
Level 1

I only can add 4 speed dials in Cisco 7912 and only 3 in 7940 and 7960 phones. Is there any way to be able to add more speed dials?.

Thank you, Carlos.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This is limited by how you have assigned your buttons on your phone to be either Line or SpeedDial buttons. This is done in CCMAdmin on the phone configuration page using the "Phone Button Template" setting. You can create custom templates for your type of device to allow more speed dial button (and less line buttons).

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Do you use CM or CME?

What type of speed dials have you added?

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I use Call Manager 4.1.

I entered in my personal page of call manager with my userid and my password and after I added speed dials.

I don't understand what are you asking me about the type of the speed dials?.

This is limited by how you have assigned your buttons on your phone to be either Line or SpeedDial buttons. This is done in CCMAdmin on the phone configuration page using the "Phone Button Template" setting. You can create custom templates for your type of device to allow more speed dial button (and less line buttons).

Peter

dbarbah
Level 1
Level 1

Hello:

You can configure 99 speed dial on 7940 or 7960 phones, but you have to use the abbrdial softkey. For example if you configure speed dial 10 in the user webpage, then you can use that press 1 0 on keypad and next press abbrdial softkey.

If you need view the number on a list you can user fast dial service. That permit you view a list with 99 numbers when you select the fast dial service.

The best practise is add a url button that permit open the fast dial service faster, with only press that button.

Bye,

Diego Barba ( Spain - Madrid )

Are you Spanish?. I am from Asturias.

I am trying to send you an e-mail to your e-mail account dbarbah@net2s.com to make you a consult and your e-mail server send me a Notification failure. Can you say me another e-mail account??? I need to ask you one thing about your answer to my question about the speed dials.

Thanks, Carlos.