cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC and redundant IVR's?

adignan
Level 8
Level 8

Can I have two IVR's configured in an IPCC Enterprise environment? I would have a PG for each. Then in my ICM scripting I could have a "Translation Route to VRU" that would point to one IVR and in the failed branch of the "Translation Route to VRU" have that go to a "Translation Route to VRU" for the second IVR. I don't see why it won't but I would like to confirm.

3 Replies 3

mayank.sharma
Level 1
Level 1

Yup this will work. But a thing to note will be that you would need to create 2 Trans Route one each for the 2 IVRs. You could use 1 PG with 2 pims for the IVRS or 1 PG each for the IVR. Then in your script you will need to check if the PIM to the respective IVR is up, if the pim to the 1st IVR is down then use the trans route for the 2nd IVR to route the call to the 2nd IVR. You coulds also do load balancing across the 2 IVRS.

Hope it helps..

before doing the translation routing just check the status of the IVR in the script if the IVR is online send the clal to that IvR, other wise send it to the second one.

michael_oldham
Level 1
Level 1

A better way is to have 1 translate route to VRU node and in it have 2 translation routes. The "consider if" for each line entry could look at the trunks idle for the IVR and "if online" status. This way you get load balancing and redundancy.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: