cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPCC upgrade/restore question

Jason Pennell
Level 4
Level 4

I have callmanager 3.2(2) Service Pack H and IPCC 3.0(3)a and I am installing upgrades to both of these on newer, better equipment. This installation is fairly small and the previous one was someone problematic so I've decided to reload these servers new and not restore from backup. My question is... the customer wants all of historical data for reports and such to transfer over to the new system. Is this possible without doing a restore or can I do a restore and just get the Historical report data? If so, can the callmanager and ipcc server be on the upgraded version with different hostnames and different ip address when I do the restore? I've looked at the Backup and Restore 4.0.2 guide and under the "Replacing an Existing or a Failed Server" it lists the following steps:

1. Install the operating system and software as if it were a new installation. (which is great for what I want to do)

2. Upgrade the application to the version of the backup that you want to restore. (which stinks for me, because I have the new CD's for the upgrade. I'd rather just install them right away and not worry about installing an older version and then upgrading to the newer one after backup has been restored)

3. Restore the backup data to the new server. (I only want historical report data)

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!

3 Replies 3

dunn
Level 1
Level 1

G'day Jason,

We have a recommended way to deal with server migration for IPCC Express.

Browse to here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/voice/sw_ap_to/apps_3_5/english/admn_app/index.htm

And look for "Moving Cisco CRA and Cisco CRA Data to Another Server (3.5)"

Regards

Bernard.

Awesome Bernard. This looks like what I'm looking for. I'm moving from 3.0(3)a to 3.1(2). The document you sent me to is for 3.5. Do you know if it still applies.

Thanks a lot,

Jay

Hi Jay,

This applies to all 3.x releases. This earliest version Doc that it could make it into was 3.5.

Regards

Yogi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: