cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPMA call routing question

tfletcher
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to have calls to an IPMA manager forwarded on busy or no answer to an assistant, but only if an assistant is on line. Is there any way to do this?

4 Replies 4

dezoconnor
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Are you using Shared line or proxy IPMA? With Proxy what describe above will work as the assistant has to log to take control. With shared line IPMA the calls will be forwarded regardless is the assistant is logged on or not.

I'm using proxy line IPMA. Here's how I want the call flow to work. Calls to the manager will ring on the managers phone. If that line is busy or no answer, I want it to ring the assistants phone, but only if they are logged on. If they are not, the call should go straight to VM.

I can divert calls to the assistant when they are logged on, but busy or no answer always goes direct to VM.

If I set up the managers number to forward on busy or no answer to the assistants number, it always gets forwarded, whether they are logged in or not.

Probably you can forward busy/no answer the manager's line to the assistant's proxy line then you can forward no answer the proxy line to the manager's voice mail.

Yes, but I'm trying to avaoid the no answer timeout if there is no assistant logged in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: