cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is gatekeeper necessary?

frank
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to implement toll by pass between 2 locations with separated CM, do I need a gatekeeper? If yes, can I convert a 2600 router to be as the gatekeeper?

Please provide a link for sample design and implementation case.

Thanks,

4 Replies 4

dathaide
Level 1
Level 1

You don't need a gatekeeper although implementing one provides a very scalable solution for voice over ip. You can get around by building pots and voip dial peers on your gateway router

A 2600 can act as a gatekeeper just make sure you are running the ix ios image (IP/H323)

This should give u a place to start

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/tech/tk652/tk701/tech_configuration_examples_list.html

Thank you for the answers.

Our gateway routers are managed by Equant and I can't make any configuration change without submit a change request and might cost some money.

In this case, can I set up CM (Call Manager) as the gatekeeper? If yes, is there a sample from CCO?

CallManager cannot be configured as gatekeeper. You can use Intercluster Trunk for your scenerio. But you cannot guarantee call admission control with a gatekeeper (on a router).

Thanks for the answer.

Can I configure our VG200 as the gatekeeper for those CM?

If yes, is there a sample config?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: